Monthly Favourites: January

11 February 2018



This monthly favourites have been quite beauty heavy. But here are all the things I have been loving this month:


1. Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-place Makeup (7N1 Deep Amber)

I love my Lancome Tient Idole Foundation, I have used it for over 10 years and no other foundation I have tried as ever come close to its greatness. However, I have been loving the Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-place Makeup Foundation. It does what it says on the tin. It definitely stays in place. It is medium coverage, but very buildable and also SPF 10. I normally love full coverage, but how this foundation builds I can chose my perfect look. The only negative is the bottle has no pump or tip for easy dispensing. However, You can purchase a double wear pump from Boots, House of Fraser and Sefridges for around £5.50 for easy dispense. This foundation is definitely staying in my makeup bag.

2. Elf Matte Magic Mist & Set

Admittedly I have used this setting spray for a couple of months now. But I have been loving using this setting spray this month. So thought I would add it into my monthly favourites. This setting spray is high street, super cheap and works like a dream. My makeup stays in place after a 12 hour shift and has been suprisingly good with all the daily weather changes we have had this month.

3. Pixi by Petra Shea Butter Lip Balm (Natural Rose)

I love to pull out a lip balm out of a pocket and put some on, it keeps my lips moisturised and is just easy to apply. I normally use a plain Nivea lip balm, but I have been loving the pixi by Petra Shea Butter Lip balm in the colour Natural Rose. I am always weary of tinted lip balms as the nornally are quite drying. I don't know if it's the colouring that takes away the moisture element, but I have not got on with tinted lip balms in the past. The Pixi by Petra lip balm has not had this problem, which I have been pleasantly suprised. This made me very happy, as sometimes I want a little colour on my lips, but not the hassle of putting on lipstick.  Winning. The colour is a little pinkier than I would chose for my skin tone, but with a brown lip liner I can get away with it. I definitely want to try some more colours in this lip balm range.  I will keep you updated.

4. Chroming Nails by Primark

I love the Primark Nails. I have round nails so I wear the almond style for a shorter polished look, the pointer nails when I want long claw like nails and the rounded french nails.  This month there has been a few occasions where I wanted something a little more special,and  I have been loving the Primark Chroming sets. Definitely stand out from the crowd with those on. Starting from £1 you cannot go wrong with Primark nails. They do come with nail glue, but I only use elegant touch nail glue on my nails as I find they don't ruin my nails and extra residue comes off nice and easy with my nail file block.

5. YourGoodSkin Balancing Skin Concentrate
If you read my post on my skincare journey you would have heard all about YourGoodSkin and in particular the Balancing Skin Concentrate. If you haven't read that post, than I recommend you do! Anyway this month every day we have had all four seasons, one minute its sunny, the next hailing and then snowing! My skin started to not cope at the begging of the month, and I realised I had not been using the Balance Skin Concentrate religiously like I used to. So I started using this again, and my skin has definitely thanked me! My skin has felt and looked visibly healthier once again.

6. Make up Revolution Concealer (C13 and C14)

If you have not heard about the Make up Revolution Concealer where have you been? Rivaling the Tarte Shape Tape Concealer, but only £4 on the high street, this concealer has been raved about everywhere! I have to say, I love it! The coverage and consistency is incredible. A great shade range also with 18 shades! The easy applicator achieves that perfect finish. The concealer does start to dry very quickly, so no hanging around, you have to start blending quick, but apart from that. Well Done Make up Revolution. Rumour has it the foundation in the same 18 shades will be released very soon!

7. Spectrum A05 Blush Brush

So apart from this Brush being super cute! The Green and the Pink just pops in my makeup brush vase. The quality of the Spectrum Brushes are really good. I sometimes look at Brush brands that have incredible design and think are they just all about the design all about the look for the Instagram photos, but the spectrum brushes is really nice to use. I particularly like the blush brush as it gets the right amout of product onto my cheeks, and the brush doesn't seem to retain too much product. I am a real techniques fan, and this is one of the first other brush brands I have tried. I think I do need to try more. Any recommendations?

8. Tassimo Cadbury's Hot Chocolate

When it is winter, there is nothing I like more than to snuggle down on the sofa with a Hot drink. Sometimes its a fruit or herbal tea, but this month I have been indulging in a Cadbury's Hot Chocolate made on my Tassimo Machine. Super simple, Super Quick and Super Chocolatey! Perfect!

Jasmine

x

Post a Comment