The Gusto Experience

4 April 2018

I had been looking a trying food boxes for a while now. When I got home one day after work, the husband announced that a 'Gusto Man' ( that is what he shall forever be called) had knocked on the door and offered 50% off trying a Gusto Box, and he had signed up and we had one being delivered the next week. I was very excited to try this out. The husband had picked some lovely meals and as we both love cooking we would try following these recipes together and see what we thought of the food box concept.

We ordered 4 meals for 2 people and paid £17.00 normal price of £34.00

Here is the meals we cooked and a review of our experience.





Meal 1: Goan Fish & Spinach Curry, Coriander Rice.


This meal was so delicious.  I love a good curry and this tasted delicious. It was very simple and quick to make. You could choose how spicy you wanted the dish, by the amount of chilli you  added. It was very filling and  the corinader rice was a delicious accompliment.



Meal 2:  Lamb Burger with Minty Mayo & Chips

If you now me and my husband, then you know we love a good burger and lamb and mint is a classic combination. I also love a good burger bun. This meal came with ciabatta rolls. I was skeptical, ciabatta is known for its bite,  it's chew... this is not what I like when it comes to a burger. However, this worked suprisingly well, gave the burger different textures. Also shoutout to the minty mayo that came with this meal. delicious!




Meal 3: Chicken Satay Skewer with Cucumber Pickle

Chicken Satay is an all time favourite for me. I love chicken and I love peanut butter. The chicken satay was nice as expected, nothing to right home about. For me the standout was the pickled cucumer. OMG. GAMECHANGER.  Let me put this into prespective. I don't actually like cucumber. As a rule If its in a salad I will eat it as I just eat everything. On its own I would avoid it, like at the subway counter its a NO to  cucumber, thanks. So thats my particular stance on the cucumber. BUT pickle the badboy and I am all over it. Who knew! Some rice vingar in a bowl, and cucumber ribbons (we made ribbons for the burger,  for this meal it was just cut in 1/4, much preferred it in ribbons) made with the trust potato peeler, and cucumbers are back on the menu! Its a quick and simpe side to add to a meal and one of thise 5 a days I am meant to be getting!  Win.




Meal 4: Chorizo & Cherry Tomato Risotto

I have actually never had a rissotto at home. I have probably only every had one once or twice at a push when I have been out or at someones house for dinner. Iam not a huge rice fan in general, so chosisng to make or have a risotto is never top of my list.  Imust admit this risotto was very nice, I am a big fan of chorizo and cherry tomotoes so this combination was a good choice for me. Iwill definately love to try different risotto combinations in the future.

Overall Review

Yes to Food boxes.

I now know what the hype is all about when it comes to food boxes.

Meal prep like a pro. Meals are chosen in advance, so you avoid the night before panic of thinking what to have for dinner. Theres options to have things you won't normally have or know where to start to cook at home.

It'so easy.  Everything  pootrioned out already, just follow the instructions and away you go.

No waste. Linked to the  previous point. With everything portioned out theres no excess of  ingredients that 1. you will probably never use again or 2. will go off before you get a chance to use again. This is a huge one for my husband and I, as shops rarely sell things portioned for 2 people and a lot of food bought for certain meals especiallyvegetables gets thrown in the bin as theey go off. This is a huge waste of food and waste of money.

Tasty, quality ingredients. The ingredients we had from gusto were tasty and good quality ingredients. A lot of the food was sourced from the UK which was also nice to see.

Will I purchase again? YES. I want to try some of the other food boxes out there so Ican compare what is on teh market. But its a YES to food boxes from me.


Jasmine

x




Post a Comment